Tips for new Android users
#1 App: Advanced Task Killer. Set it to kill all programs running when you turn off your screen. It will save a ton of battery life for you.
#2 Lookout Malware/Virus protection plus cloud backup and find phone.
#3 Additional Batteries – DO NOT BUY THEM AT THE PHONE STORE!!!! Instead, use Ebay: look up your phone battery (not the exact battery, but “Samsung galaxy 3 battery”, for example and buy the stupidly cheap batteries with the extra charger. It’s AWESOME to be able swap our your battery at the end of the day. I bought 3-pack and a charger for about $20!
OK…next thing you’ll want if you’re on a mac is Missing Sync. (You have to buy this one.) This will sync your Outlook, pictures, music etc. automatically. I’m not sure how things work for Windows…
Apps I have that I use regularly:
- Social Media: Facebook, Google, Yelp, Foursquare, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. – only get the ones you need, it’s all background shit that bogs down your phone. I never keep my Facebook app running, for example…
- Evernote – gotta have it!
- Fish Bowl Photo (gallery program)
- The Weather Channel
- Photaf – 360 degree pictures! Awesome
- ES File Explorer
- Music Volume EQ
- Worksnug (WiFi locator)
- FindMyPhone – someone can text a keyword to you to get your map coordinates. I use it so Lorraine can find me when I’m riding on trips, etc.
- Apple TV Media (control and send to Apple Tv – GREAT!)
- iTunes Podcast
- Radar Now!
- Voice Recorder
- If you use AppleTV, here’s an app that’s free that you can use to stream media to AppleTV: AppleTVMedia
Well, I hope this help everyone out!