Amazon is known for easy returns and Prime shipping; however, there are many “moving parts” that a seller must deal with in order for returns to work properly. It starts out with a buyer who is not happy with the item, for whatever reason. The seller then must associate the item with the fulfillment orders.
Here are the recommended steps to automate the RMA process. Custom software, using the Amazon MWS APIs, can streamline and automate these tasks.
- Enter the ORDER ID for each fulfillment order that contains items to return
- From there, an application will use the GetFulfillmentOrder() function to get the related information needed to complete the return using the CreateFulfillmentReturn() operation.
- Seller then gets the Return Reason Codes for each line item
- Seller then initiates the creation of a fulfillment return
- The application then returns the information required for returning the items
- Seller then sends the Buyer the return information
- Buyer sends the items to Amazon’s fulfillment center
- The seller may then request the status of the fulfillment return