Our Technical Process for Custom Software
Palm Beach Software Design utilizes a modern hybrid “.Net Best Practice” strategy customized for each client that prioritizes:
- Custom Business Application Development
- Delivered On-time
- Within a contracted budget
For a more complete understanding of this process please download our whitepaper:
Best Practices in Modern Application Development for Custom Business Software at our downloads page
1. Discovery Phase
In the beginning of the project, Palm Beach Software Design, utilizing modern hybrid best practices learns about the current workflow and data flow of the client company's business and machine interfaces, which can be referred to as the Discovery Phase. Our practices include:
- Discussion of the full scope and requirements of a project to establish expectations of function.
- Analysis: A full analysis of existing business processes to define and document the scope and requirements for each major sector or module of a project is undertaken. This involves personal interaction with key client employees.
- Investigation: Determination and recommendation of the optimal technologies and languages. Determination of existing component architecture to speed development and reduce costs is included.
- Scope and Requirements: The creation and client approval of a robust scope and requirements document to memorialize requirements, expectations, and technology-use plan is carried out.
- Project Plan/Timeline/Contract: Includes the creation and client approval of a detailed project plan and timeline with milestones, along with the full development or implementation contract.
Palm Beach Software’s success rate, over thirty years of software development, is based on a process that minimizes mistakes and expensive rewrites because we model the data and logic with a complete understanding of the client’s requirements.